How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am charged with a felony, using a forged instrument

Resolved Question:

Hello, I am charged with a felony, using a forged instrument ($850) in Reno, Nevada from 2001. I found out about it last week when I was on a cruise and customs ran my passport. I was booked into LA County jail for 3 days and then was released with the promise to take care of it by December 13th. When I called the Washoe County clerk, she said the only way to take care of it is to turn myself in. Please help as I have turned my life around since then and I don't want to go to jail!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good morning.

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The only way you don't get arrested is if you go to Reno, pay the bond on the arrest warrant and then stick around for your prosecution. The fact that you have turned your life around has nothing to do with the pending charge. So, prove your are on the right path. Go post bail, or turn yourself in, and get this charge dealt with.

I wish you well in your future.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me.

It has been my pleasure to assist you, and it would be greatly appreciated if you would
click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance. Best regards,


LawTalk and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you