Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Recently, I got a citation from the Georgia Department of Revenue

Customer Question
(DOR) regarding selling the alcohol...
Recently, I got a citation from the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) regarding selling the alcohol to the minors. Our server always check for the I.D., but she did not check at that time because the customer looked old enough. However, the customer happened to be a decoy from DOR. My question is, due to personla matters, Beer & Wine licensce is not under my name, but it is under someone else's name. On the letter, it shows that I have a choice of going to the hearing or send a letter of the plea of no contest. Which option should I take?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/14/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
If he sold the alcohol to the minor and it was a first time, then it is generally going to be best here to plead no contest and get it over with because if it happened, regardless of your excuse of he looked old enough you will end up found guilty anyhow. It is likely in your best interest pleading no contest to save the time and your money in fighting something where they will find you guilty.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Thanks for the answer. But my concern is the licencse is not under my name. What can I do?

There is nothing you can do about the license not being in your name and there are businesses run all the time with licenses in the names of others. Pleading no contest also avoids having to explain that.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer