How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34249
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to know the process of a case started as akidnapping

Resolved Question:

i need to know the process of a case started as akidnapping the lawyer charged ten thou up front,which was payed then the case was droped the person admitted they lied my lawer had no case what about my money?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

You can demand a refund of any unearned portion of the money you paid up front. You have to pay the lawyer for the work they did..but you do not have to pay more than that.

If the lawyer refuses to refund, you can contact the state bar here

P. Simmons and 6 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions