How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering if the law always does this to teenagers. I

Resolved Question:

I was wondering if the law always does this to teenagers. I know for a fact a thirteen year old went to a Colorado Springs Police department and told them about the drugs being used in her house, and most importantly about how her mom was having her sell marijuana out of there apartment, she gave the name f the person she sold the marijuana too. He was more than willing to come talk to them about it. She also told them that she didnt want to go back to her moms house, and she told them that her brother was accused of raping another girl in there house. The police called her mom and released her back to her moms custody that day. Isnt there a law that she has to be held for seventy-two hours or be released to another relative or foster care? what should i do or is there nothing i can do
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.



Unfortunately, there is no such law. However, you can contact the department of Children and Family Services in your area and have them investigate the home. As well, you can contact the District Attorney in your area and they will investigate the matter


If you have further questions, you may post them here and i will continue to assist. Otherwise, please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information in this matter. Thank you and good luck


Samuel II and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you