How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26800
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how to go about .charge a person for giving

Resolved Question:

I would like to know how to go about .charge a person for giving my daughter a persciption drug.that was not perscibede to her. my daughter said she did and she admitted she did give it to my daughter, can i have her charged. i also was wondering can i have her charge for giving my daughter alchole and letting them drink it in her house whn she was there.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 6 years ago.

If you wish to press criminal charges you and your daughter can go file a report with the police and let them know that you would like the person who did this to your daughter to be prosecuted for giving alcohol and prescription medication to your underaged daughter.

In Colorado, the giving of alcohol to a minor can be punished by up to 18 months in prison, and if the minor is under 18, the maximum goes up to two years.

Zoey_ JD and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions