How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4488
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am completing a NYC DOI Questionaire. The are asking about

Customer Question

I am completing a NYC DOI Questionaire. The are asking about "convictions for any offenses" defined as felonies, misdemeanors, and violations. I have a Disorderly Conduct conviction. Two questions:
1. Do I have to disclose this? I assume so.
2. Where do I get a "Certificate of Disposition."
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 6 years ago.

Yes, unless you received an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal that resulted in a later dismissal, you would need to disclose it because it is a violation.

As to the Certificate of Disposition:

"To request a Certificate of Disposition bring the following items to the central clerk's office in the county in which your case was filed: docket number, or defendant's full name and date of birth, or date of arrest; picture I.D.; $10.00 (exact change only). If requesting a disposition for a defendant who has a sealed case, you must attach a notarized letter from the defendant giving permission to release the disposition."