How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27256
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2 weeks my granddaughter is being released from a 90 days

Customer Question

In 2 weeks my granddaughter is being released from a 90 days sentence for cruelty to a child. Before she was sent to serve her sentence she was told her mother's house would be checked to see if she would be able to live there. This has not been done and now we are trying to get this done in a matter of days. Thus far, no success. There is a ballpark that is owned by the property owners across the street, but has not been used in years and the evidence is clear due to the condition of the field. Her mother, as well as us live in the settlement which is for the most part a retirement community. We do not know where to turn to get this straightened out. I know you hear this all the time, but these charges were lies from the beginning and even the family never showed up or answered calls from the DA's office. We just want to help this girl start over and don't know what to do.. Please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 6 years ago.
While is prison, she is likely to be asked where she is going to reside when she is released. If she knows who to speak with, she can pass along to you the contact information and you can contact them to schedule an interview. If they do not check out the home, then it would seem reasonable for her to move there until she is told otherwise. Furthermore, if there is nothing illegal going on inside the home, it should not be a problem for her to reside there. If she is going to be placed on probation, she will need to provide them an address, so she could use that.

Related Criminal Law Questions