How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexCrimLawyer, J.D. Your Own Question
TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4827
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my son is on work release and was violated for alcohol.

Resolved Question:

Hi my son is on work release and was violated for alcohol. He is in substance abuse class. He goes before the judge soon. Does he stand a chance of staying in work release and the program? Or, do they normally just dump them back into jail? Thxs.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

That is a decision left almost completely up to the judge, so it depends on that judge's particular views. That said, there are a few things you can do. First, your son needs to get into an AA class to show the judge he's taking his sobriety seriously. Second, the judge needs to know that he has support. You or other family or friends can write letters to the judge asking to keep him on work release. Other than that, it is completely up to the judge, but he does have the power to keep him out of jail.

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. :

Is there anything else I can help you with?

TexCrimLawyer, J.D. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions