Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

my wife went to the statepolice and made statements of child

Customer Question
porn on the family computer...
my wife went to the statepolice and made statements of child porn on the family computer witch led to a search warent being issued and the computer being seized and later being returened a fewmounths later to her there was no porn on the computer is this something i should still be worried about
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
10/2/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Dave Kennett, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer

Hi JACUSTOMER-b9ed0uqa-. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Were you the one being accused of having the porn on the computer?

If there was no porn found what are you worried about?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

i dont no what was on the computer i work out of town all i no is i never done nothing on it in this manor this happen about 14 months ago and on the same day she fied for divorce i think it was her way of keeping me out of the house

Dear JACUSTOMER - I would not worry about the computer if you didn't keep any porn on it and if none was found and you aren't in the house I see no way you could have a problem. As far as the divorce, this should not be a factor in that case so you should not be worried with respect to the porn allegations.

As for the other divorce issues they depend on numerous factors that will be reviewed by the court.

Dave Kennett

the divorce is final now how ever the thought ofthe computer is always in the back of my head i no the computer was returenedto her should this ease my mind i dont no what they could have done and blamed on me

If you didn't pit anything on the computer then anything that would be added couldn't be blamed on you. Computers are very accurate as to when things are added so it would have a time and date included. Therefore, if you have not had access to the computer since the divorce I see no way that you could be responsible.

Dave

what does it tell youwhen the cops have returned the computer to her would they have needed this for evidence

Yes they would. It tells me that they didn't find anything.

Dave

Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer