How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a police report w/ Palmdale, California sheriffs Dept

This answer was rated:

I filed a police report w/ Palmdale, California sheriffs Dept as advised by Dave Kennett.
Now I need to know if I file a civil case in New Mexico or in California against the person that wrote the bad check and the unauthorized use of my equipment trailer which is still in New Mexico?



You will file in CA if that is where the transaction occured. The rule is you can file where the transaction occured, or where the Defendant lives.

Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you