Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a property bought in March 04 for 75K. Refi in Nov.

I have a property bought...
I have a property bought in March '04 for 75K. Refi in Nov. 2007. Appraised (inflated, all paper) at $140K. Signed up for $96K. Prop now valued at $24K. Don't even have to pay property tax because of homestead exemption. Papers won't allow to be rental prop, even tho HOA is pain. HOA fees at $235 p/ mo. on top of mortgage at almost $700. I do not want property. Want deed in lieu, short sale. Out of it. Reconciled to trashing credit after all this time. I also do NOT want to do bankruptcy. Only outstanding dept, $1k in medical. Car paid for. $200 on CC. How can I, do I, handle this?

Already consulted attorney, stuck like chuck was the response. No. I did not take their 96K. Paid you know how much in interest over the past 7+ years. And maybe $300 toward principal. That is wrong.

Direction? Recourse?
10/1/2010
To do a deed in lieu you would need to negotiate that with the lender and they will not negotiate that or a short sale until you are delinquent in your payments for 3-6 months. Of course if they accept the deed in lieu they accept the deed in full satisfaction of the debt and there is no deficiency judgment. If you do a short sale, then you would have to negotiate with the lender regarding forgiveness of the deficiency amount for which they will issue you a 1099 to claim as income on your taxes. As far as the regular foreclosure, there you would be liable for the whole deficiency amount. Unfortunately these are really your only options at this time if you want out and do not want to file bankruptcy or do not qualify for bankruptcy.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer