Criminal Law

I was jailed 2005 for misdeamenor case (petty theft). Is it…

Customer Question
I was jailed 2005 for...
I was jailed 2005 for misdeamenor case (petty theft). Is it still be on my record if i get a live scan fingerprint?... Read full answer
I was jailed 2005 for misdeamenor case (petty theft). Is it still be on my record if i get a live scan fingerprint?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/17/2010
Criminal Lawyer: J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Yes. Unless you get the record sealed or expunged, it will remain indefinitely. This is true even if you were simply arrested/charged and the charges were later dismissed.

Here's a link that describes how to check and clear your record in California:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/other/crimlawclean.htm

Please let me know, if you have follow-up quesitons.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I had my fingerprints ran I had a petty theft plead down to
I had my fingerprints ran I had a petty theft plead down to disorderly conduct it was expunged in 2016 sealed w an attorney in court I've applied at senior helpers and my record is being mailed what i… read more
Lawyer Ron
Lawyer Ron
LL.M.
I live in NBorth Carolina am 70 years old with no prior
I live in NBorth Carolina am 70 years old with no prior record of any kind and I went through the self checkout and did not scan a lot of my merchandize totaling 67.41 (groceries). I am scared to deat… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
I have a question, I have only misdemeanor's and they are
I have a question, I have only misdemeanor's and they are all expunge. I want to try to become an Insurance agents, but I'll have to take a live scan. Would I be denied my license.. Because of my back… read more
Lawyer,
Stop searching for answers—
I have shoplifting conviction in New Jersey 21 years ago and
I have shoplifting conviction in New Jersey 21 years ago and it has been expunged in 2007. I am a Licensed Vocational nurse and did the live scan and was clear. I am working for the Federal Gov now, t… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
I received a petty theft violation but was dismissed how long
I received a petty theft violation but was dismissed how long does it stay on my record..it's been 34-35 yrears… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
In 1998 I got convicted with a misdemeanor for petty theft.
In 1998 I got convicted with a misdemeanor for petty theft. I recently requested my criminal record from livescan from DOJ and I got a letter stating that there are no records. The court where I was c… read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I recieved a theft citation...first offense...stole $150.00...I
I recieved a theft citation...first offense...stole $150.00...I live in wisconsin...whats likely to happen?… read more
xavierjd
xavierjd
Do I need an attorney if I have been charged with theft...a
Do I need an attorney if I have been charged with theft...a misdemeanor? less than $200...I live in Minnesota. Clean record otherwise...first offense. I am 20 years old.… read more
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Attorney,
Hello im from Another country. In 2000 i was convicted of
Hello i'm from Another country. In 2000 i was convicted of shoplifting in Pennsylvania from wall mart. At that time i was already 18 years old. The sum of stolen was 1 dollar and 15 or 35 cents. Wall … read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
A first time offender for petty theft, clean record, reside
A first time offender for petty theft, clean record, reside in Los Angeles County, California... apprehended for 7 1/2 hours, was arrested and booked, released on o.r. have medical problems, along wit… read more
Attorney,
What are the consequences of petty theft first offense no priors,
What are the consequences of petty theft first offense no priors, 44dollar value will attorney be needed I need to know how to plea, I never got out the store doors, and loss prevention stopped me, I … read more
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Managing Attorney,
Our 19-year old daughter was arrested for shoplifting a $100
Our 19-year old daughter was arrested for shoplifting a $100 dress. At the police station she was told to get a lawyer, about a possible criminal record, and was assigned a court date. What can we exp… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I wonder whehter I could have my federal criminal record expunged.
I wonder whehter I could have my federal criminal record expunged. It is a mail fraud and the fine is 10000. no jail time. sentence in oct 2000. arrested aug 1997, plead guilty dec 1997, then somehow … read more
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
Attorney & Counselor,
I wa convicted of petty theft 20 years ago. It has caused a
I wa convicted of petty theft 20 years ago. It has caused a job offer to be recinded because my fingerprints were returned unsatisfactory. Will an expungement allow my prints to return clear or will i… read more
I got arrested for shoplifting on Fri and went to the jail.
I got arrested for shoplifting on Fri and went to the jail. I got bail out on Sat morning for $2000. Need to go to the Court on Dec. This is my first time stole clothes in Store. I have a backpack and… read more
MShore Law
MShore Law
What would be a typical sentencing on a guilty charge of petty
What would be a typical sentencing on a guilty charge of petty theft while the person was on a unsupervised probation for a 647b probation was for 3 years and all other sentencing orders have been com… read more
Attorney,
i have a petty theft in 1999 and a dui and aggrevated vehicular
i have a petty theft in 1999 and a dui and aggrevated vehicular assult in 2005 i wanted to know if i was able to get the aggrevated veh assult expunged the dui and petty thefts are misdemeanor… read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,
she has already started a investigation, viewed the video ...
she has already started a investigation, viewed the video tape, she said she could not identify the person because it was a side view profile. I still want to return the money, just so scared to say a… read more
rvlaw
rvlaw
Judge,