wallstreetesq
wallstreetesq, Lawyer
Experience:  10 years Experience, have tried several high profile felony cases and misdemeanors
16356563

Ok, I found out by cps that I am indicted. What does that mean

Ok, I found out by cps that I am indicted. What does that mean? Am I going to jail? Also its over a lie...on me being with a 17 year old. What can I do to clear my name?
CPS IS NOT A CRIMINAL AGENCY SO IF THEY FOUND AN INDICATED CASE AGAINST YOU IT DOES NOT MEAN MUCH IN TERMS OF AN CRIMINAL CASE, THE STANDAR OF PROOF IS VERY LOW COMPARED TO A CRIMINAL CASE, AND I WOULD NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. IF THIS IS A SEXUAL ABUSE OR CASE THAT IS SIMILAR AN INDICATED CASE WOULD LEAD TO YOU POSSIBLY BEING IN YOUR STATE SEXUAL REGISTRY AS A SEX OFFENDER.

YOU CAN ALSO CHALLENGE THEIR FINDING AND REQUEST A FULL HEARING TO FIGHT IT.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
But they never notified me of this and would that mean they can come pick me up and take me to jail until the court case comes up and I have a chance to defend myself against this lie?
CPS IS NOT A CRIMINAL CHARGE, THEY CANNOT PUT YOU IN JAIL, IF THEIR WAS A CRIMINAL CASE, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED BY THE POLICE, CPS CANNOT DO THIS. IF THE POLICE WERE NOT INVOLVED AS OF YET, THEY WILL NOT BE INVOLVED.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Cps isn't the one charging me...that's what they told me that I had when they looked into it from hearing from my soon to be ex-husband that I have 4 felonys against me. Cps. Called around and found out I did have a indictment. Cps gave me a number to call and talk to someone about it and find out more information on this so call indictment. The lady wasn't there in her office so I left my name and number hoping she will return it and let me know why, how, and tell my side of the story. If I do I just want to clear all this up so I can have my name cleared and clean. I am being wrongly accused of all this. Is there a way I can come back on them for lieing about all this stuff?
you need to hire an attorney to clear this up and fight for your rights.