How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my daughter was arrested 2 1/2 years ago for pres. drugs pain

Customer Question

my daughter was arrested 2 1/2 years ago for pres. drugs pain killers she got hooked after surgery, she completed the court ordered drug program, she never missed a court date she never missed or flunked a drug test and never missed a drug treatment class, on graduation day from the court program the Judge said she was the only person that every completed with a 100% and he went on to encourage her to continue her nursing classes she has passed her LPN and is almost done with her RN program, we are worried about her record keeping her from a career, she has worked very hard to do the right thing, can we get her records sealed and how do we go about this
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you understand and accept these provisions as well as's disclaimer?

Please respond with a Yes or No to continue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Typically the successful completion of the drug diversion program results in a dismissal of the charges and the record is automatically sealed/expunged upon completion
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how can we prove that this has been done?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

You may order your daughter's criminal record. Here is a link to do so: