Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
Experience:  16 years practicing criminal defense.
19958803

Countys case against me was dismissed; records would be

County's case against me was dismissed;
records would be expunged automatically now,
but the case was dismissed before 2009 when that rule went into effect.
need VERY precise data on how to accomplish this -
(or alternatively, data on what you'd charge to herd the paperwork through channels in an official capacity as hired counsel).
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

If you live in Greenwood, Laurens, Newberry, or Abbeville Counties, go to the http://www.scsolicitor8.org/ website, click on "diversion programs", then "expungement" and follow the instructions. If you live in McCormick, Saluda, or Edgefield, you will need to call the 11th Circuit Solicitor's Office at(NNN) NNN-NNNN obtain the proper forms, and set an appointment with someone in the office.

.

.

thanks

Lawpro

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is in Anderson County, and I already know how to follow the directions -
the problem is that the directions too often don't work.
(I initiated a case against Anderson County with a view to bringing an officer up on charges of perjury - from that point, no information got from that quarter has turned out accurate, and they've a distressing tendency to 'lose' paper-work.

what I need are SPECIFIC instructions on how to get this thing done such that the local bureaucracy can't render the effort futile.
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 years ago.

Well, the "application process" tab under the "How does it work" tab is about as specific as you can get with step by step numbered instructions. It is just a matter of you filling out the form and submitting it along with any fees to the Solicitor. If you meet the statutory requirements, then you get it expunged. If not, then you don't.

.

As for your other case, law enforcement tends to "circle the wagons" and defend their own, sometimes getting into the grey/black areas of the law in doing so.

.

But the expungement is a yes/no decision as to whether you qualify.

.

.

thanks

Lawpro