J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive training and experience in criminal law matters, both prosecuting and defending.
15393114

I have been offered a data entry position at home. Everything

I have been offered a data entry position at home. Everything was going well during training then the bomb shell. First of all I have only talked to one of the people from the company on yahoo messenger. He wants me to open a account at chase so the company can deposit my pay into the bank account. I have been doing payroll for 20 years and I know you can direct deposit into any bank. He said this would be easier for the company. My question is how would he benefit If I did open a account. I think this may be a scam.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

JACUSTOMER-x4lbk88g- :

hi

J.Hazelbaker :

Other than the obvious fact that the employer likely has an established relationship with Chase and, therefore, might be able to wield more power in any dispute you may have over tranfer issues/disputes, I don't see any real issue why opening would pose a significant legal issue for you.

JACUSTOMER-x4lbk88g- :

so it would be ok

J.Hazelbaker :

On the other hand, it is likely that a transfer between branches of the same institution would be more efficient (and potentially less costly) than transferring funds from one institution to another.

JACUSTOMER-x4lbk88g- :

so is it ok

J.Hazelbaker :

I would be fine with this. In fact, I would prefer this situation because then the employer would not know the account information for my other account.

JACUSTOMER-x4lbk88g- :

ok thank you