How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cedric Your Own Question
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  Several Years of Criminal Defense Trials in L.A. and O.C. as public defender and private attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Cedric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if someone had you arrested, you had to bond out and lost a

Customer Question

if someone had you arrested, you had to bond out and lost a job that was offered to you. no charges were ever filed agianst you. can you sue that person and what if so what can you sue for?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Cedric replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you could sue the other person for defamation for telliing false information about you to the police to have you arrested under wrongful conditions.

You could also sue them for wrongful arrest, since you were wrongfully arrested due to their actions.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

how long does the da have to file charges? i was told they have up to one year to charge me.