How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience practicing attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who should I contact to try to get my brother released from

Resolved Question:

Who should I contact to try to get my brother released from county jail due to probation officer stating his creatin level (indicator of kidney disease) was low therefore he has a drinking problem. He is there for 17 more days and has serious medical issues (AVM) and high blood pressure.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - Unless you are an attorney you will have to contact his attorney who should have been appointed by the court. The court will not permit you to act on his behalf unless you are a licensed attorney. I suppose you can also contact the PO but it sounds like that would be a waste of time. It is difficult to get anyone released who is being held on a probation violation.


Dave Kennett

Dave Kennett and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you