Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I recently found out my daughter was molested by her stepfther

24 years ago in another...
I recently found out my daughter was molested by her stepfther 24 years ago in another state what can be done
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2010
LawTalk, Lawyer
Good afternoon,

What state did it occurr in?
Louisiana
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's dilemma.

While you daughter only had one year after he 18th birthday to file a civil complaint against her step father and seek damages, the SOB can still be criminally prosecuted. In Louisiana the statute of limitations for oral sex, molestation,statutory rape or incest of a minor is 30 years after the minor turns 18 years of age.

She can, and should, file a criminal complaint with the police.

I wish you and your daughter the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. So, please click the ACCEPT icon. Thanks again.

Doug

LawTalk, Lawyer
LawTalk, Lawyer