How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexCrimLawyer, J.D. Your Own Question
TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you appeal a sentence other than rule 35

Resolved Question:

can you appeal a sentence other than rule 35
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 7 years ago.
How long ago was the person sentenced?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
july 29th 2010
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 7 years ago.
You can appeal the reasonableness of the sentence directly to the court of appeals. You have to give notice of your intention to appeal within 10 days of the judge signing the judgment. Be advised, however, that many plea agreements have language waiving some appellate rights.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you