How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34940
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my brother is accussed of one count, delivery of a controlled

Customer Question

my brother is accussed of one count, delivery of a controlled substance (prescription drugs) what does this mean from a police officer's perspective as told to the district attorney as delivered to the judge who places a $1500 bond on him and hold him in jail?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to assist on this matter. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience in criminal law.

The Police have no authority to prosecute...they can present the case to the DA but ONLY the DA can actually bring charges. So if your brother wants to negotiate a deal, he will need to work with his attorney and the DA.

Let me know if you have more questions

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The answer is not relative to my question. I know who can prosecute, I know the police officer is the investigatory, and arresting officer of said crime being committed. The DA is taking the information from the police officer and applies the law to the crime before a judge. Not what I was asking.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
OK...would you like to let me know what your question is exactly?