How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was jail and held for arrignments for 13days before I went

Resolved Question:

I was jail and held for arrignments for 13days before I went to court to get bail. and did receive my right before I was question in 1997 in California
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

how many civil rights were violated and what can I do about it.


In 1996 I was arrest at my home for many counts of car thief/ hit a run/ and all charge were drop because the police lied and made fales reports . incarceration from 11/5/ 96 to 11/13/96 and transfer to other county and release on bail 11/15/96 and all charges were drop after 6mos of trial.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
I agree it sounds like civil rights violations, but California has a 2 year statute of limitations to sue for civil rights violations, so if the case ended over 2 years ago my opinion is that it is too late to pursue a claim for this in Court.

If you were wrongly imprisoned the only other remedy I can think of would be a "private bill" for compensation that would have to be passed by the State Legislature.
N Cal Attorney and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer.