How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son had been arrested for drugs. Hes 18 as of May 2010.

Resolved Question:

My son had been arrested for drugs. He's 18 as of May 2010. This happened at 1000 and it's now 1315. What can I expect regarding charges against him and should I be doing something regarding a lawyer or calling to find out what is going on? can someone point me in the right direction? I don't have all the info only that he was "picking" up for a friend and was arrested. This was what was his text was to me from the back seat of the cruiser and haven't heard anything since.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  replied 7 years ago.

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.


Ok, you need to get in touch with an experienced local criminal attorney right away. Any charge that involves narcotics can be very serious. It can range from a crime punishable up to a year or a charge that can send your son to prison for decades.


You won't know unti your criminal attorney can contact the proper authorities and get official charges. It is also important that your son's rights are protected as soon as possible.


You can try to call to locate your son, but criminal attorney would be much better equipped to do it and wouls know what to do. Also if you speak to your son, tell him not to make any statements until he speaks to his lawyer.

Alex J. Esq. and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions