Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

im trying to find out about the new law that was passed on

Customer Question
july 1 2010 about non...
im trying to find out about the new law that was passed on july 1 2010 about non violent felonies. Is it true that they are releasing inmates early? Are they taking 65% off their time or 90 days off their time. If so i would like to know what i can do in order to help someone. I spoke with the circuit court clerk and the supertinent at the regional security center. He tried to look it up but was unable due to lack of code for Va. law. DO you have any clue or ideal what the code is or the new law. Please help me if you can. I would greatly appreciate any advise you might have.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
8/2/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question!

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to require an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
4. the question price you selected is too low for the complexity of the question

Please feel free to re-word your question or increase the price if you feel that may be the reason. Of course you are not required to increase the price. :)

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Criminal Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer

To qualify, an inmate:
??Must not have any current or prior convictions for a violent felony as defined in §17.1-805;
??Must have received a sentence of 15.5 months or more; and
??Must be incarcerated for at least one year prior to release

Go to http://www.vcsc.state.va.us/Mar_10/Provision%20for%20Early%20Release%20of%20Nonviolent%20Felons%20032210.pdf and you can read futher information.

Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions