Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

Ive received a citation for the use of fire works. The only

Ive received a citation for the use of fire works. The only thing the police have on me is my confession of using fire crackers. They have no evidence does the state have a case against me? I was under the impression that there needs to be evidence for a crime to occur?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.

Hello. Your confession is the evidence. In fact, a confession is called "direct" evidence (as opposed to circumstantial evidence like bullets matching a gun), and it is considered one of the best types of evidence there is in a criminal prosecution. In crimes that society considers "minor" crimes, the confession is good enough for a conviction. In more major crimes such as murder, the police and prosecutors will look for another few pieces of evidence to add to the case as "independent corroboration" so that they can be certain they are not wrongfully convicting someone who might be lying due to mental problems or for some other reason.

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time

THANK YOU