How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Who oversees a sheriffs department when they choose to play

Customer Question

Who oversees a sheriff's department when they choose to play the judge and arrest one of the victims and an individual who pulled the offender off of the victim instead of the offender. The sheriff's department also reported has hurled wrongful accusations towards the victims and refused to take a report from the people who were assaulted or their witness (people who lived in the complex and observed the situation)? Also, what do you do when you hear the officer say he is not arresting the alleged assailant because then he would have to take him to the hospital and he didn't feel like dealing with that. The alleged individual was reportedly wasted and would not stop attacking and the person he was attacking (who was not wasted) then protected himself and other residents. The individual was acting in self-defense and then was arrested for assault. Is it a crime to not arrest an attacker even though he came into the home without invitation and began assaulting the individual in his home after leaving the original assault 4 hours earlier when attacked both residents in the home? Something smells bad here... The alleged assailant then told 3 different stories as to what happen to him.. not one a match for the actual situation.. Who do you call..? Are their any good defense attorneys in Branson Missouri? This alleged assailant had violent assault charges against him in another state and spousal abuse with injury charges... He also reportedly brought Vodka into the home where the assault happen and was wanting to gather "cage fighting" partners... How can these violations be handled?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



So you want to file a complaint against a local law enforcement agency? Is that your concern?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe a complaint needs to be filed there against the Sheriff's department (especially because they wouldn't take one against the officer who was apparently derelict in his duty) and what about the assailant... Was it illegal for them (the officers) to walk away from the initial complaint because they didn't want to deal with the aspects of taking the assailant to the hospital? That is why they said they weren't going to take him in... Then they back later and arrested the victims...
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



No. They should not have waljed away from the matter. Of course, it is up to the commanding officer to weigh in on such decisions.


However, if you feel there is something corrupt about them or going on and you cannot get the cooperation from members of our town/city or county council members, you can report them to the MO Department of Justice and request an investigation. Here is that information for contact

Samuel II and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you and I will encouraged her to pursue both this option as well as her discussions with the ACLU. Thanks so very much
Expert:  Samuel II replied 7 years ago.



You are welcome. keep in mind, that the ACLU is a very busy organization and she may be denied any help or legal counsel through them.