How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13555
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Criminal Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in Flroida, I am a married male, I have a female prostitute

This answer was rated:

I am in Flroida, I am a married male, I have a female prostitute I saw a few times trying to blackmail for me for $15000 to keep quiet. If I go to the police to report this extortion attempt, will the police be able to arrest me for stating to them that I was with a prostitute?

Dear jacustomer,


Yes, they can of course. However, if I were you, I would first get a defense attorney on board who may be able to do damage control - or get you some immunity in exchange for being a witness against a bigger perp committing a far worse crime (that of extortion). In addition, if properly handled, it may be that you need not even confess to paying her - please the 5th, so to speak! She could be threatening to tell people you paid a prostitute, when it wasn't even true, because you committing that crime is not a prerequisite to her committing extortion and threatening to falsel tell people you did. Granted, it will look suspicious, but I don't think the big priority is nailing John's over extortionists. And again, speak to your defense attorney about reporting her while NOT making any admissions as to guilt of the other crime.


Good luck here, I'd teach this lady a quick and sharp lesson here.



Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. If you need more detail, please click Reply, not ReList and I will gladly respond. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!


I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks


S. Joy, Legal Expert



My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

AlexiaEsq. and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I live in Orlando (Orange County) and the event is in Jacksonville (Duval County) in which county should I obtain an atty?

Should I offer to wire a smaller amount to keep her on the hook, and possibly support my case that she is trying to get money from me?

What type/ specialty lawyer should I seek out?


Hi again, no I would do NOTHING til you speak with the attorney. Don't give her money. I would seek a criminal defense attorney and one in either county is licensed to assist you. There may be an added benefit of one in Duval country since that may mean he/she works more frequently on cases with this prosecutor (and police) and would hopefully have a great working relationship.


You also need to prepare yourself for the probability that your family/wife will learn of what you have done, if she doesn't already know, and any fall out that may occur.


Thank you also for your kind support here, particularly in light of your difficult legal times right now. It is appreciated.

Related Criminal Law Questions