How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  over 20 years of legal and professor of law experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my car back when it was seized by the police for

Resolved Question:

How do I get my car back when it was seized by the police for a criminal investigation? Its been two days and I still have not seen any legal documents as to the seizure being authorized by a judge.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I suspect you vehicle is being held as evidence. There must be written notice if there is a desire to truly seize and forfeit your vehicle. Since calling the detectives hasn't worked you need to speak to their superior officer to find out when you can get your car. If that doesn't work then you need to contact the prosecutor office to ask about the release of your car since it is evidence. If all I have stated fails then you must either ask the judge presiding over the criminal case if there are charges pending before a court or sue for the return of the vehicle.
Daniel Solutions and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you