How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 1996, I was convicted in Oregon of growing marijuana, a

Customer Question

In 1996, I was convicted in Oregon of growing marijuana, a felony. What i need to know is, how do i go about getting my gun rights back now? How do i get that felony expunged?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

In order to expunge a conviction from your record and restore your gun rights you must file a motion with the court and a copy of the motion with the Prosecuting Attorney’s office for the county in which you were arrested.

Some agencies supply “packets” for expungement. If the county you were arrested in does not supply them, you may purchase a packet on line. Here is one site:

Good luck.