Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was a stupid and desperate person. I was scammed out of

I was a stupid and...
I was a stupid and desperate person. I was scammed out of $4100 USD from a man
named Bryan Gibson, from Nationwide Loan Finance. He was so convincing. We
talked about family, religion. I told him we needed a loan that we could make 1
payment every month. He promised and sent documents approving a loan of
$120,000 for 20 yrs at 3 percent interest. We are retired (I am disabled) and my
husband became very sick last year and lost his part-time job. Is there any way
I could get at least some of my money back?
7/3/2010
Michael_Holly

Did you receive the 120,000 and are you in UK. I note you have put dollars?

Yours sincerely

NO! I DID NOT RECEIVE A DIME. I LIVE IN THE U.S. HE IS A GENUINE LIAR

AND A CON! WE WERE SCAMMED OUT OF OUR LAST SAVINGS. THEN HE

WANTED MORE! I AM DISABLED AND OUR OLD CAR DIED. I EXPLAINED

TO HIM THAT I MUST USE A HOVEROUND (ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR) TO

GET AROUND AND THAT A NEEDED A USED VAN (BECAUSE IT IS A HEAVY

VEHICLE, TO ATTACH THE WHEELCHAIR TO, EVEN SENT HIM A PICTURE).

OH, HE IS GOOD. NOW, OUR SAVINGS IS GONE, AND WE ARE BROKE! HE

TOLD US WE WOULD GET OUR $4,100 BACK WHEN WE RECEIVED THE

LOAN. PLEASE HELP US IF YOU CAN. I CALLED HIM ON THE PHONE NUMBER HE GAVE US AND BEGGED HIM FOR OUR MONEY BACK. I AM

A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT PATIENT AND MY MEDICINES ARE COSTLY, EVEN

AFTER THE INSURANCE PAYS. I HAVE DOCUMENTS AND E-MAILS.

Unfortunately, your option here is very limited and it is going to involve first, contacting the DA's office and filing a criminal complaint against him for theft by fraud. You should also contact the State Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit and file a complaint. Your second act is to hire a local attorney and you will have to file suit against him in court or you can go without an attorney and file in small claims court because the money is within that limit.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer