How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 42162
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have worked for a company for almost 6 yrs. Aback ground

Customer Question

Hi, I have worked for a company for almost 6 yrs. Aback ground check was done at the time and it came back good. Recently another was done thur DCF who says there is a criminal report.The offense was protection order. THis was 10 yrs ago I just send all of this to dcf. Any help; one was filed on me the ex and his gf filed one to. I also filed on him
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
So were you convicted here of this charge or what?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was never conficted of anything. The offense from dcf was a protection order.During my divorce 10 yrs ago my ex had put an injunction on me and his gf did to. I filed 2 injuctions on my ex also. I also call the police and they have no record of me being arrested or anything.DCf requested protection/restraining order associated with the case. I sent them to them 2 mths ago and they said they .didnt receive anything, so they sent my work a letter stating I could not go back until this is resolve, I was disqualified due to not sending anything, I resent everything today with needing a sigature from them. What do I do
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Sounds like you have done all you can do here.You just keep following up here to make sure they in fact got it.You may consider a lawyer unless they agree to resolve this quickly.

Lawyer Referral Service
The Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service (LRS), provides referrals to attorneys who will conduct an initial one-half hour office consultation for $25.

Graphic link to Online Lawyer ReferralTry our Online Lawyer Referral Service or call Lawyer Referral

Participating attorneys are required to submit an extensive application to the service and they must be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar with no pending probable cause complaints. Referral Service attorneys also are required to have professional liability insurance with limits of not less than $100,000.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is filing for an exemption thru DCF how long will tht take
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Well what I think we are talking about here is some kind of DCF finding of child abuse here.I think that they entered this into their data bank and that they have picked up on that in running a background check.As such its not a criminal finding per se but an administrative finding.And if this is in fact the case they either correct it or offer you the opportunity here for a hearing officer and hearing officer on the finding.I would be guess ing that maybe you had kids here at the time and thats how DCF got involved in this and made their own findings.