How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26741
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of a lawyer for Family Violence Battery Charge. I

Resolved Question:

I am in need of a lawyer for Family Violence Battery Charge.
I Had a lawyer that I paid 1500. to get me into a program in order to keep it from going to trial but the lawyer knew that there was no way that I could get into this program form the start. now he wants another 1500. in which I don't have. He states that the Solicitor General won't allow him to look at the photo of my son and she won't meet with to talk about the case. my sons have been return to me right after I got out of jail. Judge I need to speak with someone I don't know who to talk to about this please Send some that can speak with about what I need to do my son needs help and someone to talk too about why he acts they way he do. he's only 9 years old and loves to play me against the teachers or camp leads he lies about things won't do his homework lies about not having any . I can't get thorough to him I ask the teachers to speak with him, he acts alright for a while then goes right back and start over lying. Yours Truly XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 7 years ago.

The first family violence battery charge in Georgia is a misdemeanor. CPS is not known for being soft on child abusers, so if your children were returned to you when you got out of jail, that would indicate to me that the state's case against you is not the very strongest. There is, as every parent knows, a fine line sometimes between discipline and abuse. It sounds like you're trying to do the right thing, but you may need some help with your parenting skills and your child could likely use some help as well. This case may help that come about.

If you can no longer afford to pay for a lawyer you should let the judge know that your funds have run out and ask him to appoint you a public defense lawyer. Meanwhile if there are any free or inexpensive local programs you can go to that would help show the judge that you want to help yourself to be a better parent, if might be a good idea to start going to it. Even if the prosecutor won't allow whatever program you originally wanted, you still want the judge to think as kindly of you as possible. So taking some steps in the right direction that you don't have to do are a good idea.

Good luck!
Zoey_ JD and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions