Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

she is 15 he is 24. 4 counts 3rd how long in jail

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2010
Criminal Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
I'm sorry but you didn't provide enough detail to respond to your question.

Please provide additional information.

4 counts of what?

What are you asking?

Thanks!

Edited by T-USA on 7/2/2010 at 12:22 AM EST
Criminal Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
Lucy, Esq. :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Are you over 18?

Lucy, Esq. :

I'm sorry. I'm getting some weird system messages. Are you there?

Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Are you referring to third degree sexual assault?

If so, the offense is a Class C felony, which means that the maximum penalty is ten years imprisonment. If he was charged because of the ages, and not because the act was violent or forcible, part of the prison term may be able to be suspended or deferred. There is also a minimum fine of $1,000 per count, and a maximum penalty of $10,000 each.

At the initial appearance, because of the charges, if he cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for him. The lawyer can look at the evidence, review the charges, and advise on the best course of action.

Good luck.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer