How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27585
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just found out there is a warrant issued for my arrest I

Resolved Question:

I just found out there is a warrant issued for my arrest: I got a Dui and I have not been able to pay the fines and other traffic citations on the payment plan that was previously approved by the courts because I have been unemployed. If I go to court will they arrest me on that day?. I just found a job and will be starting in about a week. How should I haddle this with the courts. I cannot pay what they are requesting.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
You need to get the warrant lifted and answer to the charges. Once the warrant is lifted, you can appear in court and explain that your inability to pay was not intentional and a result of your economic situation. See if the will modify your payment plan and allow you to start paying everything off. If you are stopped by the police, you will be arrested but likely be able to bond out.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I get my warrant lifted?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
You can retain an attorney who can file a motion to lift it or you can file one yourself. Explain to the Court the situation, that you would like to resolve everything and ask for a court date to appear.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Where can I find the motion paperwork?

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
You will need to go to the Clerk of Court and ask if they have any forms for you to fill out or go to the local law library and look in books for the format.
CrimDefense and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions