How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was arrested and given a summons for resisting arrest

Customer Question

My son was arrested and given a summons for resisting arrest and under the influance of alcahol ,disorderly conduct. He is 19. What is the best thing for him to do. He actually has begun AA due to the fact it runs high on his dads side. Can we talk to district attorney before hand, or will he need to have a lawyer asigned to him.
Thank you much. He works full time, and lives in his own apt. Leaving end of July for school.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, is this your son's first offense?