How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Teacher Editor Your Own Question
Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1339
Experience:  Instructor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Teacher Editor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone i know recently reported themselves as having been

Resolved Question:

Someone i know recently reported themselves as having been being sexually assulted many years ago.
There was insufficient evidence to prosecute.
The assult has deeply effected this person and he does not want the abuser to get away with it.
Is there any more that can be done to bring his abuser to justice.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
Unless the abuser admits to the assault, very little can be done at this point criminally. However, he can sue civilly as that carries a much lower burden and the state does not have to bring the action, the person who was assaulted can bring this action. I would recommend having an attorney for this but at least he can get financial compensation for the pain and suffering caused if he wins the suit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


How can he sue if he cannot prove it happened.

Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 7 years ago.
He does have his word so he has some proof as to that.
Teacher Editor and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you