How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyTom Your Own Question
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 9176
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttorneyTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is there any good loop holes to use to get a DUI droped in

Customer Question

is there any good loop holes to use to get a DUI droped in washington
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.

­Please click Accept so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

DUI defense requires a thorough evaluation of an individual's case and the entire circumstances surrounding the matter. Accordingly, it's absolutely essential that a DUI defendant retain an attorney so that the attorney can evaluate the details of the matter.

However, in some instances, an attorney can successfully challenge a DUI, suppress evidence, and, if the police really messed up, occasionally a DUI can be dropped or reduced to a lesser charge. Examples can include:
1. breathalyzer wasn't properly calibrated;
2. individual rendering the test wasn't properly trained;
3. the test is unreliable for some reason (possibly foreign substances in the mouth, though that would require expert testimony);
4. improper supervision of the defendant prior to the test;
5. unlawful stop (for instance, if the police didn't have a reason to stop the defendant).

However, there's no way to provide an exhaustive list, as there are many factors in a DUI case. For that reason, retaining a defense attorney can be a great investment.

While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.




Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).