How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27202
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just learned that my 19 year old grandson has suffered

Resolved Question:

I have just learned that my 19 year old grandson has suffered abuse at the hands of his father for most of his life. He was afraid to tell anyone. Now his mother and father are in a bitter procedure and he wants to tell his story. How long can the father be held liable in a case like this? The father is also petitioning the court for custody of the older child. Needless to say, we are terrified about what might happen to this child. He is 15 years old. please advise as to what we can do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.

Is he still being abused or is this all in the past?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
he has been away at college for the past year. he is now home for the summer and has refused to have any contact with the father.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 7 years ago.
Since he is 19 years old now, he can call the police and report his father, if he touches him. The father will be charged with domestic violence and face criminal penalties.
CrimDefense and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions