Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

i have a felony from 28 years ago in texas for theft of 250.00,

Customer Question
can this be expunged?...
i have a felony from 28 years ago in texas for theft of 250.00, can this be expunged?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/28/2010
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.you need a pardon here.You apply to the Board and then it goes to governor of Texas.Here are forms here to cleanse your record and restore all your rights including voting, gun ownership, etc.Good luck here

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/forms/forms.html
does this it erase/expunge it from my record regardig a backgroung check performed by a bank and how long does it take
It should erase it here from your record.Once pardoned here order copy of record and verify it came off..
do you currently practice law in texas and would you consider handling this for me
I am a Texas lawyer.JA here forbids us clients offsite .Here's cheap legitimate referral.

Contact us by phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNor (877) 9TEXBAR (Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays. We also have phone services in Spanish.

Contact us online: To search for members of our referral service, use our new online service!

Our Service Area

Our LRIS program serves more than 240 counties in Texas. We assist more than 80,000 callers like you each year.

To help you find a lawyer, tell us the county where you need an attorney.

If our service does not cover the county you need, we will refer you to an LRIS program that can assist you.

Other Lawyer Referral Services in Texas: If we do not serve your county, we will refer you to a certified LRIS program that can help you.

Steps and Costs

1. Our LRIS staff will ask you three things:

· The county where you need the attorney
· Basic information about your legal problem
· Your name, mailing address, and telephone number

In order to receive a referral from our service, we must have your name and mailing address. This information is only shared with the attorney we refer you to. We do not sell, rent or share your information with anybody else.

2. Once we refer you to a lawyer, it is your responsibility to make the first call. When you make the call, let the lawyer know that you have been referred by the State Bar LRIS service.

3. Your lawyer will charge you an initial consultation fee for the first ½ hour of his or her time. This ½ hour fee will be no more than $20.

After that, additional charges should be determined by an agreement between you and your attorney.

Do not hesitate to discuss details about money! Make sure you understand completely what your lawyer will be charging you.