Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was convicted for felony mail fraud and was sentanced to…

Customer Question
I was charged, plead guilty...
I was charged, plead guilty to 1 count of felony mail fraud and was sentenced to 6 months in a half-way house and 3 years probation in 2004. In the past 6 years I have not been charged with any new crimes. Is there a way to get the felony conviction changed to a misdemeanor or removed off my record?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/28/2010
Criminal Lawyer: dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

Hello, At first glance it appears that you may be able to get your criminal record dismissed. There are a lot of different criteria you have to meet to accomplish this. Some crimes are not eligible to be dismissed, but I don't think the mail fraud thing is one of them. I assume, also, that you have your fines paid by this time--that's a must.

dkennedy :

I am going to give you a link to a "self help" website, so that you can check your individual facts with the information there.

dkennedy :

California Courts: Self-Help Center: More Topics: Criminal ...

dkennedy :

Please review that, and if you have any more questions, I will be back online in the morning to answer any further questions or to chat with you about this.