Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am a 47 yr old male and 27 yr resident of delaware with no…

Customer Question
I am a 47 yr...
I am a 47 yr old male and 27 yr resident of delaware with no criminal record. recently I got pull ed over for speeding in my home state and was informed that I had a outstanding warrant in salisbury maryland,a place that i have never been in my life. I was then arrested and taken to police station and had to post a 5,000 dollar cash bond and scheduled for a extradition hearing here in delaware. apparently someone stole my Identity and tried passing a bad perscription in my name,should I turn myself into maryland authorities prior to my extradition hearing in delaware? also should a lawyer come with me If I decide to answer these charges and clear my name??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/28/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Yes turn yourself into the Maryland authorities prior to extradiction because it shows the court that you are willing to address these charges and will look good to the court, making the judge more receptive to hear your argument that someone else used your information. If you can retain an attorney then I do suggest you have one from Maryland appear with you.
Daniel Solutions
By turning myself in,how long will I be held and should my lawyer go when I turn myself in?

If you turn yourself in during the week, which I suggest, then it is possible to see the judge the same day. Also yes your lawyer should go with you to turn yourself in to the police.