Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

hI i NEED HELP i have a 290 in ca for a picture this happend…

Customer Question
hI i NEED HELP i...
hI i NEED HELP i have a 290 in ca for a picture this happend 5 years ago I cant even work any more I am a good man I took these pics away from a guy that down loaded them while we where at work we whwew on line under my e mail address so I got nailed and now it has runied my life and my faimly I have 6 kids and have raised them all PLEASE can I apeal this to another court
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/27/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
If this happened 5 years ago and you have not appealed and/or have not succeeded on your appeal then I am afraid you will have a difficult problem that would not be able to be resolved unless you are able to get a pardon through the governor's office. Unless you obtain a pardon, I am afraid that you are going to have no other recourse.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

can the gov help me???
The governor's office can issue a pardon, that is the only way they can help you. You would need to file a pardon application and get letters from community leaders and the more of those you can get attesting to your good standing and reputation in the community the better chance you have of getting the pardon granted.
but we where going to to appeal it but my attorney was murdered along with his wife here in monterey mel grimes and I did not know what to do
The death of your attorney would have been grounds to get more time to appeal, but waiting five years is too long and the court will not consider that as a valid excuse now.
do i need an laywer to do the pardon??
You should use an attorney, but it is not required. An attorney makes the process move quicker and smoother.
This sucks I dont deserve this crap have you ever heard of an attorney doing something like this pro bono
Yes, you can call the CA bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys who can handle a pardon but you have to prove financial need to qualify.
thanks for the info Al
Thank you.