Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

ok I stay in Cleveland, Ohio and my wife cousin bought her…

Customer Question
ok I stay in Cleveland...
ok I stay in Cleveland, Ohio and my wife cousin bought her friend to our house before but on june 24 2010 her friend ran away and came to our house and the police came n got her but little did we know the girl was positive for HIV but her mom thinks she had sex with my wife and gave it to her what could happen i mean my wife is very scared and told her mom that she isnt gay or bi and her daughter even told her mom that she never engaged in sex with me or my wife please help i mean my wife wants to run because she dnt want to go to jail but my wife feels she will beat it cause even though she positive but she know she never had sex with her plz help us plz
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/27/2010
Criminal Lawyer: dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
dkennedy
dkennedy, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
dkennedy :

dkennedy :

Have the police, or any authorities talked to you or your wife yet?

dkennedy :

Or, is it just the girl's mother?

dkennedy :

How old is the girl?

Customer:

the police talked to us yesterday when they took the gurl out the house but my wife told them that she is positive but I am negative n they saw my papers stating that but the mom saying my wife gave it to her daughter n the girl is 14

Customer:

I found out today that a cop and a sex crime lady went to the gurls house but the girl is in a syke clinic because she runs away all the time so her mom lies n say she dnt take the meds so they put her in there

dkennedy :

First of all, both of you need to stop talking to anyone, about this matter. That means the police, the Social Services, the family--DON'T TALK! Your wife already said too much. You always have the right to remain silent and that is the best policy.

dkennedy :

It is my understanding that there are various strains of HIV and can easily be proven if your wife and this girl have different strains. Besides, unless the girl was there for a very long time, if she contracted it from your wife it would hardly be testing positive yet.

dkennedy :

You both need to contact an attorney and also cut off contact with the girl and her mother, etc. It is way too important to protect yourselves.

dkennedy :

The girl probably contracted it long ago, and that can probably be proven. But, don't try to work this out yourself. Consult with an attorney, and until you do, no talking, no investigation, no nothing.