Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My sons state sentence was to run concurrent with his federal…

Customer Question
My son's state sentence was...
My son's state sentence was to run concurrent with his federal sentence, he completed his federal sentence and now he is sitting in a county jail. What do I need to do to get him out he has served his sentence how do I know what is going on
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/26/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

You did the right thing here by contacting your son's attorney so that he could investigate what's going on with the appropriate people within the Department of Correction and address this matter for you. If your son is being wrongfully detained, the lawyer can bring a writ of Habeas Corpus. That would get your son before the state judge for the state to show why he was still being held or, if they had no reason to continue to hold him, to let him go.

___________

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your State for specific legal advice.