Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im currently living now in WA state and somone filed an harrassment…

Customer Question
I'm currently living now in...
I'm currently living now in WA state and somone filed an harrassment charge on me back in Hilo, HI. If I was found not guilty about this charge. Can I counter sue this person for defamation of character, my work time lose, and my expenses to airfare?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/25/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Chat Conversation Started
FranL :

Yes, if you win this case on the merits you could contact a civil lawyer about a suit for defamation of character. And certainly the time lost from work and the money that you had to spend in order to address the bogus charges would constitute damages.

___________

If I've helped, please click the green Accept button so I can get credit for my work.

This thread will not close and you can always use it to get clarification.This is informational only and is NOT legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship. You are advised to consult an attorney in your State for specific legal advice.