Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have had two dui charges in california. The last one is…

Customer Question
I have had two dui...
I have had two dui charges in california. The last one is a little over 2yrs. old. Iv'e finished court ordered work service as well as served the mandatory minimum sentence.. 5 days in jail. I have not been in troubble since but I have been dismissed from the OHS program (court ordered rehabilitaion ) twice now for lack of payment of the program fees. The second dismissal was recent so I have to go back to see the judge again to see if he will re-assign the program to me. I have a job that I need to keep and I don't want to have to serve more jail time but I don't know what options I have. Can someone please advise me of anything I can do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/25/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
If this is the second time you have been dismissed from the program, I am afraid you better hope you have an understanding judge you can appeal to based on the fact that in this economy it is so hard to find a job that going to jail and losing your job should be considered by the judge, especially since the only reason for your dismissal was your economic inability to pay the fees. You should also plead with the court to waive the fees for you based on your financial condition, which you need to bring proof of to the court.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”