Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What documentaion do I need for 11370.9(C) H, transport over…

Customer Question
What documentaion do I need...
What documentaion do I need for 11370.9(C) H, transport over $25,000 without documentation. Why can't I bring such a cash to purchasing a car from privator collector?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/24/2010
Criminal Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney
http://leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=41628416602+15+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve
has that and related statutes. There is no mention of $25,000.00 although 11370.6 says it is illegal to have over $100,000.00 "which have been obtained as the result of the unlawful sale,
possession for sale, transportation, manufacture, offer for sale, or
offer to manufacture any controlled substance listed in Section
11054, 11055, 11056, 11057, or 11058, with knowledge that the moneys
or negotiable instruments have been so obtained,"///

There is no law preventing a person from paying cash for a vehicle.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Bishop CA criminal defense lawyers listed at
http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/Criminal-Law/Bishop/California

It sounds like the indictment or information is defective if it charges possession of less than $100,000.00 but I urge you to consult a local attorney for legal advice on how to proceed.

It would help if you can prove that the source of the funds was not illegal.

I hope this information is helpful.

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 6/24/2010 at 9:52 PM EST
N Cal Attorney
Thank you for accepting my answer.
Will they charge "transport over 25,000 without document" and then at the court date, charge for othere?
I cannot predict what the DA will do, but the statute says $100,000 and not $25,000, and I still urge you to have a local attorney look at the charges and the Court file.

In general charges can be amended or refiled.
Three boys were in the car, my son's car,but was driven by the boy who carries the money. My son was also charged, said "min". He has no knowledge about the money. What shall I do?
As I said, you need to consult a local attorney. Each codefendant should have a separate lawyer.