Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Hello, i am a property manager and was raped by my maintenance…

Customer Question
Hello, i am a property manager...
i am a property manager and was raped by my maintenance person after my corporate office sent him into my home and told him to enter my bedroom. This was over a year ago and i still cant sleep. he also had a prior @ sexual aqusation by a tenant @ one of our other properties. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/24/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Criminal Defense Lawyer
What is your state?
California
First I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you. You have several options and I suggest you purse them all. First you can contact the local police to file criminal charges. The police may be a little resistant at first because so much time has passed but you can still press charges and you should. Also you can file a civil suit against the man who raped you and also attempt to sue the owner of the company if you/your lawyer can prove the owner knew about this man's past. If you wish to purse a civil suit I suggest you talk to a local attorney to represent you on the civil suit.