Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

MY BOYFRIEND HAS 2 WARRANTS IN 2 DIFFERENT COUNTIES FOR NOT…

MY BOYFRIEND HAS 2 WARRANTS...
MY BOYFRIEND HAS 2 WARRANTS IN 2 DIFFERENT COUNTIES FOR NOT APPEARING IN COURT DUE TO DRUG RELATED CHARGES WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION FOR HIM TO GET IT CLEARED BY SERVING HIS TIME IN JAIL AND HOW MUCH TIME WILL HE HAVE TO SERVE?
6/24/2010
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What are the warrants for exactly - what was he CHARGED with?

POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE AND PALAPHINILLA
If he is charged with simple posession, it is likely that this might be adjudicated into some kind of diversion program. If he is charged with possession with intent to distribute, he is facing about 3 years in prison, roughly speaking. Paraphernalia is a misdemeanor, and it might be dismissed or just charged as a fine depending on the posession charge. The main charge he has to worry about is the posession charge.What he has to do is to call a bail bond agency and see if the warrants he has are quashable. If they ARE, all he has to do is to put down a bond like he did before the first time and get another court date. If neither or both are not quashable, he has to pre-arrange a bond with a bail agency, then call or have his attorney call the ADA and arrange a walk in with a pre-set bond (hopefully) where he would walk into a police station, be processed, but be bonded out almost within 4-10 hours by the bail agency that was standing by and get a court date for the charges. Let me know if you need help finding an affordable attorney in your area.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Ely, Counselor at Law
NO HIS POSSESSION CHARGE WASNT FOR THE INTENT TO SELL IT WAS FOR PERSONAL USE AND BOTH TIMES HE WAS ARRESTED HE ONLY HAD ABOUT $20 OF DRUGS ON HIM
Does he have a previous criminal history?