Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Hello Wanted to know if there are any options to recoupe…

Customer Question
Hello: Wanted to know...
Hello: Wanted to know if there are any options to recoupe any expenses or receive compensation due to being a victim of an arsonist? Such as business being demolished/damaged due to arson? Any options of initiating an 6 year old case perhaps? Thanks for the assistance.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/24/2010
Criminal Lawyer: Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Cedric
Cedric, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Yes, you can sue the arsonist in civil court, but if you didn't have fire insurance, that's about the only option you have, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's really horrible what people do to each other.